PURPOSE OF AFTERCARE
To provide a safe environment for children who cannot be collected after regular school hours. This service is applicable to children from Grade 000 to Grade 6.
Aftercare runs during the term, Monday to Friday from 12h30-17h30.
1. Full Time: R11 770.00 per annum (January to November / R1070.00 per month). R11 181.50 if full fee is paid by 16th January 2015.
2. Ad Hoc: R100.00 (one hundred rand) per afternoon. Parents will be invoiced on their school fee account at the end of each month.
1. Withdrawal of a child from Aftercare must be given in writing to the Head of Aftercare a term (ie 4 months) in advance. If this is not done parents will be invoiced for the term’s fees.
1. Children not collected after school (ie by closing time) will be taken to Aftercare and supervised. Parents will be charged R100.00 per afternoon, or part thereof.
2. Parents must contact the school office if the child is absent from school so that the Aftercare head is notified.
1. The Grade 000 – Grade 1 children are brought to Aftercare under the supervision of the Aftercare assistants. The Aftercare assistants are then responsible for the children from arrival to departure. A daily attendance register is taken by the Aftercare assistant, which is signed by the parent or designated guardian when collecting the child.
2. Grade 2 – 6 children arrive independently when their afternoon sport activities have ended.
3. The children are divided into groups based on their grade and each group has a designated assistant assigned to them.
4. During this time, every reasonable precaution is taken to provide a safe and secure environment.
5. Parents are to notify the Head of Aftercare in writing should a third party be given consent to collect their child.